On October 15th 2021, DG Informatics (DIGIT) launched an invitation letter for all market participants to bid on a new framework contract called DIGIT-TM II.
DIGIT-TM II is a 1.1 Billion Euro contract from the European Commission for IT services across Europe, which will be awarded very soon (May-June 2022). The intention is for DIGIT-TM II to replace the current framework DIGIT-TM, which will be discontinued by the end of 2022. Source: https://ted.europa.eu/udl?uri=TED:NOTICE:366672-2020:TEXT:EN:HTML&tabId=1
What is the DIGIT-TM II framework contract?
DIGIT-TM II intends to subcontract around 2.000 IT professionals during its 4 years of duration. Those specialists will be working largely for all different Directorate-General (DG) of the European Commission, and other European Institutions’ agencies. It aims to provide a contractual way for the European Commission to subcontract highly specialized expertise in distinct fields and policy areas related to Information Technology. Besides Consultancy Services related to the management of specific operating systems, it also includes the following services in the field of information systems:
- Development and support consultancy
- Testing and quality assurance consultancy
- Operations consultancy
- Data related services
- Security consultancy
- Consultancy services related to interoperability
- and trans-European e-Government services
- Consultancy services in digital business solutions
How is the DIGIT-TM II framework contract organized?
DG Informatics (DIGIT) split the DIGIT-TM II framework contract into three lots according to the degree of specialization of the services concerned:
− Lot 1: Standard external consultancy services in the field of information systems. It is intended to hire the following consultants:
- Database developer
- Front-end developer
- Back-end developer
- Full-stack developer
- Service desk agent
- User Documentation and Training person
- Web Operations Manager
- IS tester
- Configuration / Deployment manager
- Infrastructure System engineer
- Linux consultant
- macOS consultant
− Lot 2: Specialised external consultancy services in the field of information systems. It is intended to hire the following consultants:
- Database architect
- Mobile developer
- System integration and workflow specialist
- Application/Cloud architect
- Project manager
- Interface designer
- Business Analyst
- Customer Relationship Management specialist
- Support manager
- Test automation specialist
- Quality assurance manager
- Database/application administrator
- System administrator
- Software Packaging engineer
- SOA operations specialist
- CLOUD operations specialist
- Data warehouse and reporting developer
- Data Scientist
- Blockchain specialist
- Workplace security specialist
− Lot 3: Expert/Niche external consultancy services in the field of information systems. It is intended to hire the following consultants:
- Expert in DevSecOps
- Expert in Secure Development
- Expert product owner
- Enterprise architect
- User eXperience expert
- Security infrastructure architect
- DWP System engineer
- GIS Expert
- Expert in Information & Document Management,
- Onboarding manager
- Operating system deployment and update expert
- Business Intelligence expert
- Secure data and document exchange expert
- Expert in AI /NLP/ ML
- Augmented / Virtual Reality Expert
According to the rules of the framework contract, Lot 2 (IT specialist) and Lot 3 (IT expert) target the provision of services related to new or niche technologies which are not covered by the other profiles of Lot 1. All profiles will have 11 levels which will be determined by how they score based on the scorecard evaluation.
Profiles, levels, and scorecard
DIGIT-TM II scorecard will be used to assess the level of each IT consultant operating in the framework contract. The scorecard affects all the lots and applies to 11 levels.
The levels are a combination of points based on the scorecard that applies to each lot.
The scorecard includes:
- Education / Degree (up to 10 points)
- Professional experience (up to 20 points)
- Certificates (up to 3 points)
- Specific expertise (up to 3 points)
Education / Degree points:
The total number of years of successful studies (IT relevant or not – specified per profile)
- 0 points for no high education completed.
- 6 points for a Bachelor’s degree.EQF6 = 3 academic years completed, like a bachelor.
- 10 points for a Master’s degree. EQF7 = 5 academic years completed or equivalent, like a master.
The number of years of relevant IT experience after the completion of secondary school;
- 1 point per each full year of IT professional experience.
The maximum number of points to be obtained for professional experience in the relevant IT field is 20 equaling 20 years of experience. All relevant IT experience of more than 20 years will be scored at the maximum points (20).
DIGIT-TM II scoreboard will also give points for the number of certificates that a consultant has. The more specific certificates a consultant has, the better will he score on the scoreboard.
Specific expertise in a domain, role, and technology will also be rewarded with a maximum of 3 points.
DIGIT-TM II will accept IT consultants without professional experience (Level 0).
DIGIT-TM II will penalize IT consultants without a degree, because since they miss 10 points related to education, only 26 points remain available, meaning that in Lot 3 they cannot go higher than level 8.
European Commission is located in many different countries in Europe, such as Brussels, Belgium (BE), Luxembourg (LU), Ispra, Italy (IT), Seville, Spain (ES), Petten, Netherlands (NL), Co. Meath/Grange, Ireland (IE) and Karlsruhe, Germany (DE).
On the framework contract exist 3 modes of delivery:
- Onsite external service provision: The IT Consultant will work on-site at the customer’s office on a regular basis. Upon mutual agreement, remote work for some tasks may be granted;
- Near-site external service provision: Hybrid / Home-working nearby the office or in the same country as the office (the IT consultant must reach the office and be onsite within 2 hours);
- The IT consultant will work remotely as a general rule. The customer may, however, request regular or ad hoc presence on the customer’s premises up to 5 days per month;
- Far-site external service provision: Remote / Home working within the territory of the European Union (EU27). The IT consultant will work remotely from anywhere in European Union. The customer may, however, schedule up to 5 days per quarter on-site against reimbursement of travelling costs;
How to get your DIGIT-TM II CV template
DIGIT-TM II intends to subcontract around 2.000 IT professionals during its 4 years life cycle. These professionals will need to use the DIGIT-TM II CV template – you can access it for free at the Sprint CV website.
We have great news for all the consultants and companies involved with DIGIT-TM II: We will fully support the DIGIT-TM II CV template.
By using the CV Generator, consultants, companies and recruiters will be able to parse any CV and generate a perfect DIGIT-TM II CV in less than 30 seconds! This automated process will be of great help to all the consultants and companies, allowing both to focus on what matters.